PRAY – READ – TEACH – LOVE
We, Louisville Baptist Deaf Church, vow to pray without ceasing, hide God’s Word in our hearts, go make disciples in the entire world, and love Deaf people and their families in Louisville and the world as we love ourselves. We do this to glorify God and in the hope that others will come to have a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Psalm 119:11; Matthew 5:43-48; 17:21; 18:19-20; 20:26-28; 22:37-39; Acts 2:44-47; Ephesians 2:8-10; 5:1-2; 1 Thess. 5:17; James 1:21
- The Bible is God’s Word. It is correct. It is the only rule for our faith and everyday life. It does not fail.
- God is the one true God. He has always lived in three equal persons: the Father, Jesus His Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- God loves all people. He wants all people to be right with Him, but our sins block the way.
- All people have sinned. If our sins are not forgiven, God will judge us. Punishment in Hell will never stop.
- Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay for our sins. His blood has power to take all our sin and guilt. Nothing else works.
- The only way people can go to Heaven and live with God is through personal faith in Jesus Christ. Anyone who trusts in Jesus as Savior is “born-again” into God’s family forever.
- God’s Holy Spirit guides and gives power to His children, called Christians or believers. He holds us safe forever. Nothing can make us lose our salvation.
- Jesus Christ will come again. All people who love and serve Him will live with Him in Heaven forever.
Based on the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.